Applications are invited for 2 PhD open position.
Two PhD scholarships are available within the Joint Doctoral Programme in Interactive and Cognitive Environments (JD ICE) that is a PhD programme organised by the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture at University of Genoa and the Centre for Intelligent Sensing at Queen Mary University of London (http://cis.eecs.qmul.ac.uk/) .
Applications are invited for 2 PhD open position
JD ICE provides PhD training in the fields of multimedia signal processing, data fusion, computer vision, cognitive dynamic systems and machine learning, and offers advanced research projects designed for ambitious students willing to become word-leading researchers. PhD students will benefit from a joint-supervision model and will spend part of their PhD programme in the London, UK and part in Genoa, Italy.
The ISIP40 group, active in the DITEN department in the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Genoa has focused its attention mostly on:
- Cognitive Dynamic Systems
- Multisensor Signal Processing for Surveillance
- Software and Cognitive Radio
- Bayesian Object and Situation assessment
- Interactive and Cognitive Environments
Open Positions for Ph.D. (Dottorato di Ricerca)
2 positions (3 years) starting at the beginning of November 2017; expiration date for first level applications: May 15th, 2017
Probabilistic transfer learning among cognitive dynamic systems in smart environments
this research theme will study novel signal processing techniques based on probabilistic graphical models and dynamic Bayesian networks for understanding dynamics of cognitive systems and learn how to transfer this acquired knowledge
Incremental learning techniques for proactive anti-jamming in Cognitive and Software Radio
this research theme will study algorithms and methods for cognitive radio terminals for opportunistic spectrum usage to optimize transmission rate and external attack robustness
Applications are invited for 2 PhD open positions, starting at the November 2017 with ISIP40 research group (www.isip40.it) of the Department of Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications Engineering and Naval Architecture (DITEN), University of Genova – Genova (ITALY).
- Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento or Laurea Specialistica degree for Italian applicants in one of the following fields (or another relate field); Master of Science or equivalent degree for applicants from abroad:
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Information Engineering
- Computer Science (or Laurea degree in Informatica)
- Basic knowledge in the following topics:
- Signal Processing
- Communication Systems
- Pattern Recognition
- Image/Video Processing
- English knowledge
Deadline for applying:
The interested applicants please apply not later than May 15th, 2017.
How to apply?
The application is divided into two phases.
In the first phase the interested applicants should send their complete C.V. and two recommendation letters to Professor Lucio Marcenaro, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the second phase, applicants whose CV fits with requirements will be encouraged and advised to present an application for the official admission competition at Genoa University on line application closing in June 2017.
Candidates will have to take admission written and oral examination with a inter/university commission on July 5th 2017 at 9.30 AM to obtain the PhD position
PhD economic conditions
The research grant consists of about 16.5Keuro/year
- A complete C.V. must contain at least the education degrees and the related information, experiences (both academic and non-academic), projects, list of publications, and every other things you think can be useful
- If you have not graduated yet, provide some information about the probable graduation date.
- If you have some publications, you can also send some of the important ones together with your CV.
- You can also send any other information that you think can be useful and effective for your profile.